Southland Christian Academy is a ministry of Open Door Baptist Church. As such, we are a non-profit organization incorporated in the State of Louisiana.
The school’s expenses are paid by regular tuition and fees as well as generous contributions by individuals and corporations. If you would like to help us by providing financial support, please contact the school office at 225.667.7745, extension 103 or 100.
For over 40 years, parents have enrolled their children in SCA because of their desire for a Christian education that prepares their children for life. Over the years, churches, businesses, grandparents, friends, and others have faithfully contributed to the ministry of Southland Christian Academy. We would like to invite you to partner with us financially as well. All gifts go to meet the vital needs at SCA.
Tuition Scholarship Fund
This fund provides tuition scholarships helping families afford something their children can’t afford to live without.
There are several projects the school has need of to add and enhance its programs.
Ways of Giving
Donors to SCA give in a variety of ways. Gifts can be in the form of:
- Cash – a very simple way to give
- Marketable securities, such as stocks, bonds, or mutual funds – receive a charitable deduction for the full fair market value, and avoid paying tax on any capital gains.
- Life Insurance Policies – receive a deduction on the computed current value of your paid-up policy or premium payments.
- Real Estate – receive a deduction for the appraised market value, and avoid paying tax on your capital gains.
- 401K, 403B, and IRA accounts – maximize the value of your gift by avoiding income and estate taxes
Please feel free to contact the SCA Office and ask for Mike Wynn / Kathy Skaggs at (225) 667-7745, if you have any questions or would like more information on how your gift can make a difference in the life of a student. We would be happy to meet with you and your financial advisor to discuss which form best meets your needs.
Donors benefit from a tax deduction for gifts that support Southland Christian Academy. All donations to SCA are tax-deductible to the fullest extent of the law.